Chicago Society for Space Studies (CSSS) is pleased to invite you to the National Space Society’s Space Forum being held Thursday, December 17, 2020 from 9:00pm to 10:15pm EST.
The program for this Zoom webinar, which is open to the public, is 2020 – The Space Year in Review with special guest speaker Chicago Society for Space Studies Vice President Larry Boyle. The evening’s program will be moderated by Chicago Society for Space Studies President Jim Plaxco.
The Space Year in Review presentation provides an overview of the global space activities, both manned and robotic, that occurred during 2020. It is estimated that globally over $380 billion was spent on public and private space activities. With 72 nations having national space programs and hundreds of private entities and companies working on exploring space and developing new products, 2020 has been an exciting year. Some the topics that will be addressed in Larry’s presentation include:
- developments with the NASA Artemis program
- the successes of the SpaceX Commercial Crew missions
- creation of the United States Space Force
- India’s plan for a crewed Earth orbital mission
- China’s plans for a new space station
- Russia’s new rocket center
- robotic missions to the Moon
Register today to reserve your seat using the link below. Registration, which is managed by National Space Society, closes at 8:00pm Eastern time on Thursday, December 17, 2020.